By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, strategy, and decode space-based navigation indications, similar to these supplied via the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding want for a unified open platform that would permit better receiver improvement and layout, in addition to good value checking out systems for varied purposes. This booklet offer hands-on exploration of recent applied sciences during this speedily becoming field.
One of the original gains of the paintings is the interactive method used, giving readers the facility to build their very own international Navigation satellite tv for pc platforms (GNSS) receivers. to build this type of reconfigurable receiver with quite a lot of purposes, the authors talk about receiver structure according to software-defined radio (SDR) suggestions. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, straight forward variety and is going from the fundamentals to state-of-the-art research.
Additional beneficial properties and issues include:
* Presentation of uncomplicated sign buildings utilized in GPS and Galileo, the ecu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of other equipment of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency house seek; and parallel-code section search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation information decoding
* an entire GPS software program receiver applied utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter numerous parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to trying out the cloth lined within the e-book: supplementary front-end equipment—which can be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX approach to generate real-world facts by way of changing analog indications to electronic signals
* Supplementary path fabric for teachers on hand at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of contemporary effects and complete index
The ebook is aimed toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in quite a few GPS expertise and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for an individual operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Similar geology books
Minerals in sedimentary rocks emit attribute seen luminescence known as cathodoluminescence (CL) whilst bombarded by means of excessive strength electrons. CL emissions could be displayed as color photographs in a cathodoluminescence microscope or as high-resolution monochromatic photographs in a scanning electron microscope.
This quantity features a sequence of papers on a variety of points of the early improvement of the Earth within the first 2000 Ma of Earth's historical past, together with geophysics, constitution and tectonics, surroundings, foundation of lifestyles, biosphere, deep mantle geochemistry, early oceans, microbial ecology, the purpose being to facilitate dialogue and realizing of this sector of study.
The inducement for this quantity got here from the concept the Precambrian is the most important, either to the current, and to the knowledge of the Earth as an entire. The Precambrian constitutes approximately eighty five% of Earth's heritage, and of that, approximately three. seventy five billion years of Precambrian time, represented by way of rocks, are obtainable to geoscientists.
Environmental concerns are excessive at the public time table and engineering tasks have to take environmental matters on board. Volcanic Rocks, comprises papers from the ISRM Workshop W2 (Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal 14-15 July 2007), and focuses in particular on difficulties linked to development actions in components of volcanic rock.
- Essentials of Oceanography
- Global Change and the Earth System: A Planet Under Pressure (Global Change - The IGBP Series)
- The Last Place on Earth (Modern Library Exploration)
- Principles of Disaster Mitigation in Health Facilities
- Statistics and Data Analysis in Geology
- Radioactive and Stable Isotope Geology
Extra resources for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
11). 4 Doppler Frequency Shift In GPS we are faced with a Doppler frequency shift caused by the motion of the transmitter (satellite) relative to the GPS receiver. The Doppler frequency shift affects both the acquisition and tracking of the GPS signal. For a stationary GPS receiver the maximum Doppler frequency shift for the L1 frequency is around ±5 kHz and for a GPS receiver moving at high speed it is reasonable to assume that the maximum Doppler shift is ±10 kHz. 7. The two triangles indicate the early and the late ACF.
2 Data in Navigation Message In addition to the TLM and HOW words, each subframe contains eight words of data. This will only be a cursory description of the data in the different words and not a complete description of all bits. Subframe 1 – Satellite Clock and Health Data The ﬁrst subframe contains ﬁrst of all clock information. That is information needed to compute at what time the navigation message is transmitted from the satellite. Additionally, subframe 1 contains health data indicating whether or not the data should be trusted.
In this chapter an overview of the GPS signal generation scheme and the most important properties of the various signals and data are presented. 1 Signals and Data The GPS signals are transmitted on two radio frequencies in the UHF band. The UHF band covers the frequency band from 500 MHz to 3 GHz. 60 MHz. 2) The signals are composed of the following three parts: Carrier The carrier wave with frequency f L1 or fL2 , Navigation data The navigation data contain information regarding satellite orbits.