By Ryan Roemer
- Create finished attempt infrastructures
- Understand and make the most of sleek frontend checking out ideas and libraries
- Use mocks, spies, and fakes to easily try out and become aware of complicated Backbone.js software behavior
- Automate checks to run from the command line, shell, or essentially anywhere
The e-book progresses from Mocha attempt suites and Chai assertions to complicated attempt mocks and stubs with Sinon.JS. The considered necessary libraries and utilities are brought with in-depth examples and most sensible practices for integration together with your purposes. The booklet courses you thru the try making plans and implementation tactics in your software versions, perspectives, routers, and different Backbone.js components.
Backbone.js checking out delivers the instruments, examples, and advice to check your Backbone.js net functions completely, quick, and with confidence.
What you'll study from this book
- Install and manage a try infrastructure for spine applications
- Run, learn, and comprehend Mocha attempt reports
- Tour the Chai statement library API with certain examples
- Write attempt suites and specifications with the Mocha attempt framework
- Fake software habit in checks utilizing Sinon.JS mocks, spies, and pretend servers
This e-book is full of step by step tutorials and directions in recipe structure that will help you create attempt infrastructures and progressively boost your Backbone.js software improvement and trying out skills.
Who this e-book is written for
Read Online or Download Backbone.js Testing PDF
Key FeaturesWrite apps for the multithreaded international with Clojure's taste of sensible programmingDiscover Clojure's positive aspects and benefits and use them on your current projectsThe ebook is designed in order that you will be capable positioned to exploit your latest abilities and software program wisdom to develop into a more desirable Clojure developerBook DescriptionWe have reached some extent the place machines will not be getting a lot speedier, software program tasks must be brought quick, and prime quality in software program is extra hard as ever.
- Instant Node.js Starter
- You Don't Know JS: Scope & Closures
- You Don't Know JS: Scope & Closures
- You Don't Know JS: this & Object Prototypes
- AngularJS: Up and Running: Enhanced Productivity with Structured Web Apps
Additional resources for Backbone.js Testing
Then, the code is developed to match up with the unit test assertions. Partial integration tests take a higher-level view, piecing together the application and checking that the individual components add up to a functional whole. js application, a unit test might create a single model and test-only model methods. In contrast, a partial integration test might create a view with several subviews and a collection and verify that collection data changes modify the subview display. Other concepts that we will not explicitly cover in this book, but that are worth becoming familiar with and integrating into the overall development and testing process, include: • Full integration tests: Full integration tests incorporate the entire application (often seeded with known test data), exercise behavior as a user would through the frontend, and verify that the application responses propagate all the way from the backend to the user interface.
To make the tests run asynchronously, we use the done test function parameter, which delays test completion until done() is called. Asynchronous tests will be explored in more detail in Chapter 3, Test Assertions, Specs, and Suites. The first test has no delay before the test assertion and done() callback, the second adds 40 milliseconds of latency, the third adds 100 milliseconds, and the final test adds 2001 milliseconds. These delays will expose different timing results under the Mocha default configuration that reports a slow test at 75 milliseconds, a medium test at one half the slow threshold, and a failure for tests taking longer than 2 seconds.