By Eduardo Diaz
- Write apps for the multithreaded international with Clojure's taste of useful programming
- Discover Clojure's gains and merits and use them on your present projects
- The publication is designed in order that you can be capable positioned to take advantage of your current abilities and software program wisdom to develop into a greater Clojure developer
We have reached some degree the place machines usually are not getting a lot speedier, software program tasks must be added quick, and top of the range in software program is extra hard as ever.
We have to discover new methods of writing software program that is helping in attaining these pursuits. Clojure bargains a brand new risk of writing prime quality, multi-core software program swifter than ever, with no need to go away your present platform.
Clojure for Java builders goals at unleashing the genuine capability of the Clojure language to exploit it on your initiatives. The publication starts off with the install and setup of the Clojure setting sooner than relocating directly to discover the language in-depth. Get conversant in its quite a few good points similar to sensible programming, concurrency, and so forth. with the aid of instance initiatives. you will also additionally, find out how the tooling works, and the way it interacts with the Java environment.
By the tip of this booklet, you've a company grip on Clojure and its good points, and use them successfully to put in writing extra powerful programs.
What you are going to learn
- Understand the instruments for the Clojure global and the way they relate to Java instruments and criteria (like Maven)
- Learn approximately immutable facts buildings, and what makes them possible for daily programming
- Write easy multi-core courses utilizing Clojure's middle innovations, like atoms, brokers and refs
- Understand that during Clojure, code is information, and the way to exploit that truth via producing and manipulating code with macros
- Learn how Clojure interacts with Java, how the category loaders paintings and the way to exploit Clojure from Java or the opposite direction around
- Discover a brand new, extra versatile which means of polymorphism and remember the fact that OOP isn't the in basic terms strategy to get it
About the Author
Eduardo Diaz is a developer with a powerful historical past within the Java language. He has a keenness for sensible programming and new programming paradigms. His paintings contains complete stack improvement, platforms layout, and excessive quantity actual time info processing.
He has labored on each know-how comparable challenge you could think, as a expert fixing something regarding Java, UNIX, C, or the other unusual challenge you could have had.
As a developer, he has been operating for round 10 years on Java, Python, Scala, Clojure, within the media, financial institution, and basically communications industries.
He is at present operating at Grupo enlargement, a media corporation, the place he is helping layout and enforce a brand new content material supply platform aiming to empower content material editors and inspire builders to discover new how one can use data.
Table of Contents
- Getting began with Clojure
- Namespaces, programs, and Tests
- Interacting with Java
- Collections and useful Programming
- Multimethods and Protocols
- Macros in Clojure
Read Online or Download Clojure for Java Developers PDF
Key FeaturesWrite apps for the multithreaded global with Clojure's style of sensible programmingDiscover Clojure's positive factors and benefits and use them on your current projectsThe e-book is designed in order that you will be capable placed to exploit your present abilities and software program wisdom to develop into a more advantageous Clojure developerBook DescriptionWe have reached some degree the place machines aren't getting a lot speedier, software program tasks must be added fast, and top of the range in software program is extra hard as ever.
- Enterprise integration with Ruby: a pragmatic guide
- CoffeeScript Application Development
- Front-End Web Development The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Extra resources for Clojure for Java Developers
Date) refer refers to all public vars of ns, subject to filters. core) named by the symbol, creating it if needed. Let's go into the REPL window of our IntelliJ. We can check what namespace we are in with the *ns* instruction. hello> We want to know what str does, it seems to receive three strings: (str "Hello""""world") =>"Hello world" Let's try the for form now: (for [el ["element1""element2""element3"]] el) => ("element1""element2""element3") (for [el ["element1""element2""element3"]] (str "Hello " el)) => ("Hello element1""Hello element2""Hello element3") The for macro takes a collection of items and returns a new lazy sequence applying the body of the for to each element.
49 ] Interacting with Java There are two types of destructuring: • Sequential destructuring: It allows us to take sequential data structures apart and bind the values that you are interested in directly to symbols • Associative destructuring: It allows us to take maps apart and bind only the key reference values that you are interested in directly to symbols Sequential destructuring Sequential destructuring should be easy to understand with some examples; lets have a look: (let (let (let (let (let (let (let (let [[f s] [1 2]] f) ;; 1 [[f s t] [1 2 3]] [f t]) [[f] [1 2]] f);; 1 [[f s t] [1 2]] t);; nil [[f & t [1 2]] t);; (2) [[f & t [1 2 3]] t);; (2 [[f & t [1 2 3]] t);; (2 [[f & [_ t]] [1 2 3]] [f ;; [1 3] 3) 3) t]) In these examples, as convention, we use f for first, s for second, t for third, and a for all the others.
Calling an instance method Once we have created our object we can call instance methods. This is done similar to how we call Clojure functions, using the special dot form. If we want to add an element to our newly created list, we will have to do it, as shown: (. add a 5) This syntax might look a little strange; here is how this syntax is formed: (. method-name instance args*) You might think that this is more familiar, since the method name starting with a dot resembles how we write the Java method calls.