By Osheroff N., Bjornsti M.A.
DNA Topoisomerase Protocols is an remarkable selection of state of the art experimental protocols for investigating DNA constitution, topology, and DNA topoisomerase functionality. defined by means of professional experimentalists who've perfected the innovations, those time-proven equipment make the most of new methods to check adjustments in DNA topology (linking quantity, knotting, catenation, and rest) and DNA constitution (bending), in addition to to evaluate chromosome constitution via FLP-mediated recombination and to investigate bacterial nucleoid constitution. state of the art protocols additionally element the expression and purification of bacterial, viral, and eukaryotic DNA topoisomerases from quite a few assets, together with baculovirus, bacterial, yeast, and mammalian expression structures.
Read Online or Download DNA Topoisomerase Protocols PDF
Best genetics books
For sixty five million years dinosaurs governed the Earth вЂ“ until eventually a perilous asteroid compelled their extinction. yet what bills for the remarkable toughness of dinosaurs? A well known scientist now offers a startling clarification that's rewriting the heritage of the Age of Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are beautiful striking creatures.
''Refreshing and informative. .. .describe[s] the recent complicated learn instruments, instructions and interpretations in a lucid and comprehensible style. '' --- Lancet, North American variation ''Beautifully crafted. .. the main major contribution of this ebook includes its integration of parts that aren't often thought of in genetic overviews.
- Genetic Information: Acquisition, Access, and Control
- An Introduction to Genetic Analysis
- Population Genetics: A Concise Guide
- Darwin's Ghost: The Origin of the Species Updated
Extra info for DNA Topoisomerase Protocols
Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 909, 1–9. 3. Wang, J. C. (1985) DNA topoisomerases. Ann. Rev. Biochem. 54, 665–697. 4. Bjornsti, M. A. (1991) DNA topoisomerases. Curr. Opinion Struct. Biol. 1, 99–103. 5. Ausubel, F. , Kingston, R. , Moore, D. , Seidman, J. , Smith, J. , and Struhl, K. (1987) Vectors derived from plasmid, in Current Protocols in Molecular Biology. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, pp. 10. 6. , Fritsch, E. , and Maniatis, T. 7. in Molecular Cloning: a Laboratory Manual, 2nd ed. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, pp.
Several uses can be envisaged for this particular form of genetic material, all based on in vitro assays. Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol. , Totowa, NJ 51 52 Camilloni et al. 1. Analysis of Sequence-Dependent DNA Structural Alterations The majority of unusual DNA structures (7) are stabilized by negative supercoiling. Since the superhelix density that can be reached in a small DNA ring is high, this system provides the means to study the induction of structural transitions and their topological consequences (8).
12. Peck, L. J. and Wang, J. C. (1983) Energetics of B-to-Z transition in DNA. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 80, 6206–6210. 40 Courey 13. Depew, D. E. and Wang, J. C. (1975) Conformational fluctuations of DNA helix. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 72, 4275–4279. 14. Keller, W. (1975) Determination of the number of superhelical turns in a simian virus 40 DNA by gel electrophoresis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 72, 4876–4880. 15. Leach, D. R. (1994) Long DNA palindromes, cruciform structures, genetic instability and secondary structure repair.